ok im new to this so pls forgive me if i make a mistake!
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
i love natural fibres be that wool, alpaca, cotton etc
What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
im not keen on acrylics although it comes in handy for the animals beds!!!!
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
my long needles are in a very long red(with kittens on ...aaahhhhh) pencil case type thing that they came in when i bought them back in 1993, my short ones(20cm) and circulars are in a black magnetic closure clutch bag and my dpn's in a narrow make up bag along with the rest of my bits and bobs i carry with me(sewing needles, scissors etc)
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
according to my mum she taught me to knit when i was 4!! so that makes it 28 yrs ago! id say i was an advanced intermediate as iv still not really done any beadwork but im always up for a challenge!
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent?
fresh smells...oranges..sea air. also relaxing aromatherapy...lavender etc
i do like vanilla but it gives me really bad headaches so i have to avoid it
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
oh yes!! i absolutely adore green and black dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), i like ginger and orange things too
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
i cross stitch, iv got 2 sewing machines(even tho theyv not been used for a bit) so u could say i can machine sew, i can crochet but have no idea what stitches im doing!..i must get my book out and rectify that!!!, i can embroider and have been known to make the odd card or 2.
and yes i do spin, with a drop spindle for the moment but im due some serious back pay when the NHS decides how much i should be being payed and so im gonna buy a wheel as a treat to myself
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
i like anything from classical to heavy rock with a bit of punk thrown in to add colour! i used to be a goth if that helps?
i recently saw the scissor sisters and kylie
the only thing i cant stand is the 'duh! duh! duh! duh!' dance(?) music thats around at the mo as well as the cover versions theyr doing of things
i havent a clue about the mp3s im sorry ...i tend to listen to cds when im driving
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
i love the darker end of the spectrum...greens blues purple dark reds dark orange....however i really HATE pink!!!! although when its in space yarn i like it and i absolutley lurve space dyed and hand painted yarns
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
i live with my female partner and step son(16)....oh yes do i have pets?!! iv got a gorgeous blue merle collie/jack russell cross dog with the most beautiful blue eyes ever called poppy. shes my bestest friend in the world. i also have 10 (yes 10!) cats...theyr all so cuddly and purry and poppy mothers them all!
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
scarves, hats and mittens but not ponchos...im not really a girly girl
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
socks, gloves, socks.....
13. What are you knitting right now?
a pair of fingerless gloves for me for a change! although i may be doing something else real soon after i visit the LYS in nottingham tomorrow
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
of course! it means so much to me when some1 has hand made something for me...its really special!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
im a bamboo girl! theyr so warm and they help my hands no end(if i havent used them or knitted the day b4 i can tell as my hands claw and are very painful) i love to use dpn's esp for socks but i will use circulars for garments at times
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
both! although my swift is very poorly at the moment and i dont think its future is looking very good..however my partner has bought me a 'new to me' one from ebay, so im just waiting for it to arrive. i love using both of them..i dont know what i did without them!
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
a blue cardigan my mum bought me the yarn for when i was 18...i used to knit in the halls of residence as a student but had to stop as i ran out of yarn!!!
18. What is your favorite holiday?
probably sping bank holiday or may day as it usually means we are going on our first camping trip of the year!!!
19. Is there anything that you collect?
yarn! old patterns,vintage knitting stuff, anything woolly or sheepy.....
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
im after a copy of 'one skein', i love trying new yarn(esp by dyers etc), im intrigued by socks that rock and all the other amazing hand painted/space dyed yarn thats so difficult to get in the uk
i subscribe to simply knitting...i really like it as its very light hearted and the projects arent always expensive ones.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
knitting with beads as iv a design in my head that would look fab done with beads
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
yes,yes,yes!!!! im a uk5 i think thats a european 38...not sure with us sizes tho sorry!
23. When is your birthday?
29th january...im an aquarian
im gonna get a coffee....