Monday, April 9, 2007

Easter sock swap..THANK YOU ALI !


i received this amazing package on saturday from my swap partner Ali...who happens to be a mate from http://www.stitchlinks.com/
she was also the host for this swap.
she went well beyond requirements...i received:-
a bunny biscuit receipe
thorntons easter chocolate
hand dyed (by Ali) matchmaker 4ply
and a copy of 'knitting on the road'
thank you so much Ali x
i think she must be a mind reader as iv been umming and ahhing over this book for the last week! the yarn is gorgeous..not quite as bright as in the photo but as can be seen iv already wound it into centre pull balls to use asap! its going to knit beautifully as its variegated dark pinky thro to pale pink. just got to get my second jaywalker done now.....
J spent saturday laying our new living room floor..which is nearly 4mx6m! the cats did lots of 'helping' ! but it is now down and we have a cat and dog proof floor...no scratches in it after 24hrs! it is also waterproof(its cushioned lino) which was a big requirement...laminate is not so we discovered(even the stuff you can get for kitchens and bathrooms)!!! we are really pleased with it and the animals like it too!
just got to get some skirting board on now and then the whole downstairs is done!

4 comments:

Alison said...

I'm glad you like it! I thought the bok would be great for your trip to Woolfest later this year. My friend Anne (also stitchinks member) bought me a copy a couple of years ago for christmas and it's a treasure for it's variety without being cumbersome!

woolydoodles said...

I love it thank you so much. I cant decide which one to do first!
Mmmmmmmm...woolfest...got the time booked off work...just need to find a campsite now!

Artis-Anne said...

Wow what a great sock swap you have there .
Thanks for your comments on my blog ang hey we might meet at Woolfest :)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Book - I use mine all the time and her other books too.
the yarn looks lovely:-)