Sunday, September 2, 2007

I'm still here!

I'm sorry it's been ages since my last post :(
I'm having probs with attaching photos.....I have got some lined up of the sugar almond yarn and of some BFL I've spun this weekend. It's the blue/green/yellow from my previous post, I've got about 112yds out of 100g and I've 2 plyed it as well.
I was good by not spinning until I had just got the button bands to do on the cheeky chino cardi!
J and I went to the stitch and craft show at the GMEX in Manchester yesterday. Like the last one it was pretty dire unless you are seriously into card making. There were only 3 'decent' knitting stalls and I did pick up a few things I wanted although the main thing I went for I couldn't find...it's a pressie for my SP. So I think I'm going to have to order it online. After we had finished at the show J and I went to Canal St for a scrummy meal. It was really nice to sit and relax in surroundings that are extremely gay friendly....for anyone that doesn't know Canal St is the Manchester gay village area.
This is about as exciting as this week has got! Oh well I'm off work in 2 weeks supposed to be looking after my sisters cats but she doesn't even know if she's going away now! I'm still going to go down for a few days tho' as I want to pop over and see Bev.
I have been given an award by Jen and Chris....Thank you very much I'm very touched! But as I'm still unsure as to put it on I'll leave it for another post.

3 comments:

Liz R. said...

Hi Mel!!
I'm glad that you're having a good weekend!!

Chris said...

Hmm, I was after the cheapie yarn guy from Bradford, no such luck!
I DID manage to get seduced by a wee bargain or two, though, and have found a new source of cheap Freedom Spirit (£2 per ball!)

Hellbelle said...

I went to one of the shows at the GMEX a couple of years ago and was very disappointed. Have decided this year to do it properly and make the big trip to Ally Pally!