This is an updated version of the one I did for SP10.
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I love natural fibres wool, alpaca, cotton etc.
What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I'm not keen on acrylics although it comes in handy for the animals beds!!!! and 'fashion' tinsel yarns are a definite no no!
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
My long needles are in a very long red(with kittens on ...aaahhhhh) pencil case type thing that they came in when I bought them back in 1993. My short ones(20cm) and circulars are in a black magnetic closure clutch bag and my dpn's are in a narrow make up bag along with the rest of my bits and bobs I carry with me(sewing needles, scissors etc)...but I need to fix the zipper on it as it's decided to break...must be all that wear and tear!!!!
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
According to my mum she taught me to knit when I was 4!! So that makes it 28 yrs!
I'd say I was an advanced intermediate. I'm always up for a challenge!
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent?
Fresh smells...oranges..sea air.
Also relaxing aromatherapy...lavender etc. I do like vanilla but it gives me really bad headaches so I have to avoid it.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Ooo yes!! I absolutely adore Green and Black dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), I like ginger and orange things too!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I cross stitch and I've got 2 sewing machines(even tho' they've not been used for a bit), I can crochet but have no idea what stitches I'm doing!..I must get my book out and rectify that!!! I can embroider and have been known to make the odd card or 2.
Yes, I do spin, with my Ashford Traditional called Audrey. I love it! I've had her since April of this year and I'm enjoying washing, carding and spinning fibre...I've even started to dye too! I love trying different fibres esp from rare breeds.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like anything from classical to heavy rock with a bit of punk thrown in to add colour! I used to be a goth if that helps? I recently saw the Scissor Sisters and Kylie in concert. The only thing I can't stand is the 'duh! duh! duh! duh!' dance(?) music that's around at the moment, as well as the cover versions they're doing.
I like to listen to Cd's when I'm driving.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love the darker end of the spectrum...greens, blues, purple, dark reds and dark orange....however I really HATE pink!!!! Although when it's in space dyed/hand painted yarn I like it. I absolutely love space dyed and hand painted yarns and fibres as well as semi solid ones too!
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my female partner and step son(17)....oh yes, do I have pets?!! I've got a gorgeous blue merle collie/jack russell cross dog with the most beautiful blue eyes ever called Poppy. She's my best friend. I also have 10 (yes 10!) cats...they're all so cuddly and purry and Poppy mothers them all!
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves, hats and mittens but not ponchos...I'm not really a girly girl.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks, gloves, socks..... I love knitting cables. Oh and lace too!
13. What are you knitting right now?
My first pair of Monkey socks in scrummy sock yarn a friend dyed and gifted to me. Also a felted bag for my sister's friends birthday....and...my on going mitred blanket.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Of course! It means so much to me when someone has hand made something for me...it's really special! Most of the things I knit are presents for other people.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I'm a bamboo girl! They're so warm and they help my hands no end(if I haven't used them the day before I can tell as my hands claw and are very painful) I love to use dpn's esp for socks(not the really tiny one's tho' as they're too short and I have to use 3mm and above as my tension is very tight) but I will use circulars for garments at times(I own 7mm and 10mm addi ciculars that I use for bags).
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes both! In fact I have 2 swifts!!!! I use them all a lot.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
A blue acrylic cardigan my mum bought me the yarn for when I was 18...I used to knit in the halls of residence as a student but had to stop as I ran out of yarn!!!
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Probably Spring Bank holiday or May day as it usually means we are going on our first camping trip of the year!!!
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn! Vintage knitting stuff and esp anything woolly or sheepy.....Oh and cats!
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I love trying new yarn(esp by dyers etc) and all the other amazing hand painted/space dyed yarn and fibre that's so difficult to get in the UK. I subscribe to Simply Knitting...I really like it as its very light hearted and the projects aren't always expensive ones.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'm trying to improve my spinning at the moment so I can start knitting socks or gloves with it...my 'practise' spinning is slowly becoming a mitred blanket for camping. I'm also trying to get to grips with dyeing techniques.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes,yes!!!! I'm a UK5 i think that's a European 38...not sure with US sizes tho' sorry!
23. When is your birthday?
29th January...I'm an Aquarian
24. I'm in the queue for Ravelry....So when that comes through I will update...
Phew! that's done.