Thursday, May 3, 2007

OW!

Friday I felt a twinge in my mid back and thought nothing of it. Since Saturday I've been in what could be said rather a lot of pain to put it mildly. I tried to go to work Monday but was sent home after half an hour!
Managed to get an appointment with the emergency doctor on Monday night and he came to the conclusion I've got an inflamed/swollen disc !!!! aaagggghhhhh I really don't want that :(
Anyway due to the strong painkillers I take for my ME and fybromyalgia all he gave me was some diazepam to relax my muscles.....consequently I've been sleeping a lot!
Saw a GP from my practice on Tuesday and asked for a physio referral so I'm just waiting for that now.
Sorry for going on but I've not been able to do any spinning at all....and knitting has been difficult as I can't find a comfortable position to sit in. I've managed to knit a little bit and turned the heel and done most of the gusset decreases for my Conwy socks.
Anne...the Conwy pattern comes from Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush....its really straight forward just a 4 row repeat(I only had to frog it as I didn't realise there were calf decreases...duh should have read the pattern properly!)
Right off to lie on the sofa........

3 comments:

Liz R. said...

Oh sweetie! I hope you feel better soon! It's impossible to get comfortable when your back hurts.

Sending lots of healing love over the big pond! BTW, your Queen was here in Richmond, Virginia today visiting. She had on a great hat (of course) and the weather was downright British: cold, wet and dreary!!

Kath said...

Nothing worse than a bad back and not being able to get comfy at all. It's not fun when you can't even do any knitting or spinning to take your mind off it all. Hop you're better soon!

Artis-Anne said...

Oh poor you ,I do feel for you. I do hope you are better soon; take it easy .
Thanks re info on the socks :)